Re: [OM] New here.

Subject: Re: [OM] New here.
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:50:14 EST
Hi Peter:

> To which lenses are you referring here, Gary?

A SC 50mm f/1.8, a SC 100mm f/2.8, a SC 35mm f/2.8, an SC 28mm f/3.5 and a
35-70mm f/4.  Images significantly improved when I started using the 50mm
f/3.5 around 1983.  But, the 50mm f/1.8 Zuiko SC was significantly better than
the previous: a 50mm f/1.8 Canon Serenar (1953 vintage).

>  What gives?  Of course, mileage may vary as lighting, contrast and subject
>  distance vary.  And we're not taking into account SC vs. MC.  But are some
>  of the faster Zuikos just better corrected than the slower counterparts?
>  Or is something else at work here--such as that the slower lenses are used
>  more outdoors and treated more roughly?

Looks to me like you might just get what you pay for among the Zuikos,
exception being the 50mm f/1.8 MC.  Could also be mine have been though a
pseudo Vietnam.  I'll have to test minty examples (preferably MC's) to know.
I just need to get my hands on them.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV