RE: [OM] OM Quality images

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Quality images
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:15:15 +1100
Ken,

        Great - thanks

> I have a question about film processing.
>
> I just got prints back from my son's school recital and play.  In
> general, the negatives are fine (within a stop or less). The
> lab auto processor then takes the good negatives and looks for
> neutral gray and manages to make the black stage curtain gray an
> blows out the kid's faces to white - with no detail. This was at
> a local lab. I have had similar results at photoquick, etc

        First approach:
"washed out" faces.  If this fails:

        Try another lab (hopefully you are in an area where you have a few
to choose from).

        Repeat this as often as necessary to get the results you want.

        The local (relatively) cheap lab that I use WILL reprint if you ask
them, although this is hardly ever necesary because they actually look at
what comes out of the machine and adjust accordingly.  If customers don't
complain then the lab has no reason to change their behaviour.

        Hope you have some success !

        ...Wayne