Re: [OM] Kodachrome and OTF and other musings.

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome and OTF and other musings.
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 23:56:32 +0200
Hello Ken,

> I've had mine for a while and bought it at wholesale price.

What was the wholesale price?

> My only problems with the lens is that it is only 35-70 (instead of
>28-80) and > the bokah isn't as pleasing as with zuiko primes.

There were discussions about bokah in the past, I think. But for short, is
character and clearness of colours and contures in areas just (more or
less) out of focus the right explanation of bokah. Then in German there
exists a term, which is translated "course of sharpness" (Schärfeverlauf),
which maybe means the same thing.

>Regardless, I've been going through my images putting together a
>multi-thousand submission to a stock agency and have been surprised that
>the majority of images I'm submitting were taken with this lens!  My
>earlier work was dominated by the 100/2.8 but now it's either the 24/2.8 or
>35-70 zoom with random images from the shift lens and 100/2.8.  Of course,
>for wedding, party and people work (events) the AT-X 35-70/2.8 is my money
>lens.  $95 USD is a fair price for this lens and an extreme value.

Seems, that I have bought a good thing.
Matthias