Re: [OM] Vivitar 28-90

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 28-90
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:54:08 EST

<< I was wondering if anyone has tested or seen a test on the Vivitar
 35-85/2.8 series 1? I have one, and it seems very sharp. John.

There's a test in the 1/76 Modern Photo. They found the sharpness
indistinguishable form single focal length primes. The only big problem that
they had with the lens was the flare. They advised that the special hood be
used at all times. (Herr Schloss sold me mine.)  For each f stop: Center
sharpness/corner sharpness/center contrast/corner contrast are as follows:
35@2.8 46/32/36/22; @4 41/26/62/25; @5.6 46/32/70/33; @8 58/41/69/40; @11
65/48/66/44 @16 58/46/57/39
55mm@2.8 45/36/26/33; @4 57/45/34/39; @5.6 57/45/59/61; @8 57/45/62/66;
@1164/51/63/59; @16 57/45/58/52;
85mm@2.8 45/32/50/19; @4 45/36/52/24; @5.6 57/32/50/32; @8 64/40/52/43; @11
64/40/52/46; @16 51/36/46/40
Sharpness was generaly excellent to very good at most apertures and contrast
was medium to high at most aperatures.  Generally highest sharpness and
contrast were at f8 for all focal lengths.

Warren Kato