Re: [OM] Kodachrome and OTF and other musings.

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome and OTF and other musings.
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:38:08 +1100

>I've had the opportunity to shoot several rolls of Kodachrome 25 and 64
>again.  It had been a long time since I had used the Kodachromes, having
>been a Fujichromaholic.  What has made this experience "special" is that I
>happened to shoot many of the same subjects on Kodachrome as I did on
>Provia and Sensia using the same camera and lens combinations.

Thanks for this post Ken. I've started using Velvia, but K64 costs $20 per
36 shots developed, Velvia cost $35 developed.

I never thought I could "understand" a film, but I realise I understand
Kodachrome and am lost with Velvia.

I've also heard that Fuji gives a magenta cast due to it's colour
saturation.

After having experimented with Velvia I think I'm going back to K64. The
colour saturation is better with Velvia (even with a polariser on K64 -
Velvia's yellows are great), but the cost is killing me.

I haven't noticed the film reflectance thing with OTF, as I use my 1n and
find a neutral object or the palm of my hand. Effectively a spot meter.

Foxy