Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??

Subject: Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 14:29:04 EST
George writes:

> > *  a 100-200mm f/5 S Zuiko Zoom in exchange for a 200mm f/5 MC Zuiko
>
>  Hmmm ... What is the condition of the 200 MC?

10- (Mint, preowned) with case in same condition.  The only blemish is a
single, minute bright spot at the edge of the hood, but without metal pitting
- easily retouched.  Folks in the know will be aware this had perhaps the
shortest multi-coating production run of all Zuikos (maybe as short as 4
months).  To me, it makes no sense to have to carry a lens in its never ready
case surrounded by a protective bag because you know it's uncommon and a
collectable and can't be damaged.

Glad to hear about your contact with Smile regarding their 180mm f/2 Zuiko.  I
didn't consider their new price of $2995 realistic.  Heck, it isn't even in
production, to the best of my knowledge.  Reminds me of the guy price heckling
me over the OM-3Ti.  "But I can get this for $1295 out of NYC," is his remark.
He is clueless that it might never arrive despite a credit card debit, or that
it will be missing the focusing screen and battery, or whatever other ploy can
be foisted on this naive chap.  His rejoiner: "They are as low as $395 at
camera shows."  Um, there is a difference in the OM-3 and 3Ti, eh?  Can you
imagine the condition of a $395 OM-3 being resold at a camera show?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV