Re: Digital Photo & Printing (was: Re[2]: [OM] OM Quality images)

Subject: Re: Digital Photo & Printing (was: Re[2]: [OM] OM Quality images)
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:54:34 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:01:13 EST you write:

>I own an Alps MD-1300 printer which can do dye-sub printing and have been
>printing a lot for the past few months.  The quality of these dye-sub prints i
>good enough for me to sell although I have said to my customers that I would
>reprint free within one year if a print fades and later at a cost.  As far as
>5x7 print which I priced at $8.00 each is concerned, I am hoping that this

Based on my experience, such prints fade in even moderate sunlight much
faster than conventional prints.

>reprinting offer will be within my cost.  A custom Fuji print from a lab I use
>for Ilfochrome is $12.00 for 5x7.

Yes, but how can you even begin to compare an Ilfochrome to a dye-sub
print?  I've never seen a dye-sub that even came remotely close to an
Ilfochrome.  Are the Alps printers really that good?

Happy Holidays,
--Lee