Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??

Subject: Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 18:23:19 +0000
This rings a bell george.

A while ago Paul Van Tuyl had a 180mm f2 for sale ($3800) which had been
taken to shows and such - a demo model - which was described in this way -
not new but not secondhand either.

Subsequently to Pauls offering it on the list someone else posted to the
list that someone was selling another one on ebay with a similar
description to it.  I thought it was Paul trying on ebay but have a
recollection that this was not the case.  I remember thinking at the time
that it was very unusual for two people to be offering as new demo model
180mm f2s at the same time.  Perhaps It was Smile that was trying on ebay
(they had a high reserve and I think it did not sell), either that or there
are three! demo models floating around.

I think Gennesis has one described as mint for $2995.  They ought to take
offers on it as I know they have had it for well over a year.

Giles