Re: [OM] Dead OM-2s ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead OM-2s ?
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 11:23:51 -0800
 The funny thing is, that after inserting 2 new SR44s the display works
>very well in all modes and give realistic readings after half depressing the
>shutter button. But neither can the button be fully depressed, nor can the
>advance lever be wound. The camera is obviously 'blocked' somehow.
>As the body is in an otherwise nice condition (only a bit of brassing on the
>bottom plate and a missing md-cap), I'd certainly like to make it work again.
>Besides, it would be my first spot-metering body :)
>Soooo, did anyone ever experience a similar problem with his OM-2s ?

>Soenke, Hamburg

    Soenke,

      This may be a silly question, but did you check to see if the mirror
   is locked up? If an electronic shuttered OM lockes up (because of dead
   battery or whatever), you have to unlock the mirror by taking the shutter
   down to "B" or 60sec manual position (it's benn awhile ;)).
      I bought a "dead" OM4 from a pawnshop for $100 (w/a 50mm 1.4 and winder
   2) for the same reason- no batteries. Took it home, put batteries in it,
   unlocked the shutter, and everything was fine. Hope you enjoy the same
   luck:)

                                                 happy holidays,

                                                     Brad