[OM] USM and USP numbers on Vivitar lens

Subject: [OM] USM and USP numbers on Vivitar lens
From: Steve Worner <SWorner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:39:37 +0800
Hello all,

Whilst examining a Vivitar 28-90 Series One I'm considering buying I noticed
two serial numbers on the barrel down near the aperture ring: one referred
to 'USP' and the other to 'USM'. Each had its own, different number, though
both were in the 2.5 million area, with commas.

Does anyone know what these two numbers refer to?

Regards,

Steve