Re: [OM] non-OM Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] non-OM Zuikos
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:00:49 +0200
Hi all,

the domain of this mailing list is zuiko.sls..., so I think its no problem
to talk about other zuiko lenses than OM zuikos. Recently I have read an
article in one of the silly photo magazines here (yes, they have
interesting articles, too). It was about the PEN FT. The author told an
anecdote about their lenses, Olympus lovers will lapp up. The German
company Adox delivered the sharpest black and white film in those days.
They were searching for a lens which was able to make the best use of their
film. They choose a PEN FT lens, either the 38mm standard lens or the macro
lens, I am not sure. I found this anecdote interesting, because Adox as a
German company had the opportunity to choose lenses from companies out of
Germany (Zeiss, Leica (in those days: Leitz)), too. But their decision was
to take the Olympus lens. Perhaps someone in the list knows more about this
story?
Matthias