[OM] What to buy

Subject: [OM] What to buy
From: JOEL BLACKWOOD <JOEL-BLACKWOOD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 18:56:09 -0600
Currently, I own several cameras from various eras and makes (Nikon,
Olympus, Minolta, Fuji, etc).  I've got a Nikon N50 which I am relatively
satisfied with, save for the exposure meter.  My $99 Olympus Stylus has
a more accurate meter than the much more expensive Nikon.

Now here's my question.

I'm considering an Olympus SLR.  I've read all the Oly faqs I can get my
hands on, but I'm still left wondering a few things.  I've picked up on the
idea that OM-1,2,3,4 cameras seem to be more robust/solid than the
OMF-F/G/etc.  but I can't seem to find out why.  Isn't the OM-G (or is it F)
the camera with the semi-autofocus (focus indicator)?  Does this system
work very well?  Or do you think I should try an OM-1 or 2 (3's and 4's
are out of my price range)?