Re: Re[2]: [OM] For those thinking "Digital Photography"

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [OM] For those thinking "Digital Photography"
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:09:45 -0800
On 11 Dec 98, at 0:27, Dave Haynie wrote:

> So that's the story of the "scanner SCSI cards", in general. HP actually
> ships some of the better of this bottom-of-the-barrel SCSI card, I know
> they were, in fact, using Adaptecs at least at one point (my Dad had two
> different ones at one point). I got some no-name thing with my UMAX
> 1200S scanner, so cheap the damn thing didn't even work properly under
> Windows NT, even though it came with NT drivers. Since then, that
> scanner has run just dandy on my Symbios 53C825 SCSI card, then my
> "IoMega Buz" card (different machines involved).

Hmm.... I was thinking of the UMAX 1200S ever since HP discontinued the
5P scanner. But if they don't work with NT, forget it. For the record, the 5P
came with a Symbios Logic SCSI card, which works well with NT (download
the drivers from HP - the school has 3 of them now). Sadly, the 5P was
discontinued, and the 5100C replacement is parallel only.

Has anyone tried the HP 5200C USB/SCSI model yet?

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)