Re: [OM] Olympus Excess Sale! (second round, reduced prices)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Excess Sale! (second round, reduced prices)
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 00:20:41 -0800
>From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
>
>>>... I cannot appreciate as much is the fact that you want to have us list
>members bidding against each other here by mentioning offers you allready
>have received...>>
>
>I didn't see anything wrong with Jan's post. He's basically saying, I'm
>selling them for this price, so don't waste our time with offers. But If
>you insist, I already have these offers.

Thanks for the defense, Denton, but even your explanation is a bit harsher
than reality. I'll listen to all kinds of offers on everyday stuff, but I'm
trying to hold firm on the rare stuff. If you check my "SOLD" prices
against my earlier posting, you'll see that I have accepted lower offers,
and I have sold stuff at my asking price. I'd guess it's about 50/50 right
now.

I just KNOW there's someone out there who has to have one of the rare
items, and they know what they cost, and they can't wait around for one to
show up at a garage sale!

>Now if he accepted 'offers' at or above his asking price, without selling
>the items, well, that would be another story...

Nope. As I explained in my first listing -- first to meet my asking price
(or first to convince me a lower offer is reasonable) gets it. Just sold
two more items today -- just in time, I've got a 35 shift to pay for
somehow... :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229