RE: [OM] Flash shoe mount for T32

Subject: RE: [OM] Flash shoe mount for T32
From: JohnGardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:58:33 -0000
Daan

I bought a salve adapter which is plastic, has a tripod thread and will not
short the T32. The downside is the cost - in the UK these guys cost me £8
(c.$11 a piece). I bought some much cheaper metal flash to tripod adapters
for mounting my T32s on a macro flash bracket and these worked fine ($2
each). However, I mounted them on top othe poles of my hide while
photographing badgers at night. At the critical moment, just as the badgers
appeared in full frame, nothing happened when I pressed the shutter - the
4Ti just went into long exposure mode. I complained to Olympus UK about
their duff product (I thought it was due to the length of the flash leads)
but they built a similar set up and it worked every time. They reckoned my
metal poles were shorting the flashes or at least earthing them.

I have a T20 adapter which I bought very cheaply (in box) at a camera fair.
And no you can't have it, i use it on my T20 :)

John.

John Gardner
Project Leader
IS Strategy & Contingency Planning
X30697
Mobile 07887 627005

 12/22/98 15:58:38
Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.
Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG.
Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for the purposes
of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.
The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ