Re: [OM] People leaving the List

Subject: Re: [OM] People leaving the List
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:43:19 -0800
Selena wrote among other things,

*= Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me =*

Dear Selena,
This may belong on a private email but I doubt it!
You may have good intentions, however, I don't think you have a grasp of
this list.
That also goes for the hot heads that drove Doris away.
We have been developing a group here unlike anything I though possible
on a mailing list.  Until, that is, some people just could not check their
ego's at the keyboard!

What's the big deal you ask!

How about we lost one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on this
list.
We lost a friend and as some have been commenting about lately,
A women contributor.  If you feel that it is desirable to have more females
on the list,
this really helps!

I for one will miss Doris greatly.  :-(

<<Some of us don't quit just because of a little confrontation>>

Yeah, well I almost did. And I wasn't even directly attacked!
There is no place in my life for unchecked word wars with no purpose other
than
to insult and antagonize others.

In closing, I spent some time lurking on this list before asking even a
simple question.
If more people would do it this way they would know what to expect
and then they could decide if it is for them.

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx