Re: [OM] What to buy

Subject: Re: [OM] What to buy
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 00:13:04 +0000
If I recall correctly, John Hermanson has mentioned previously that the 1-4
OMs have mechanical finesse such as roller bearings on some shafts instead
of bushes and sleeves.  In particular there are  mechanisms employed to
reduce mirror slap and associated vibrations.  I would guess that these
measures may also account for why the shutter/mirror sound of these cameras
is often considered quiet - which stands to reason as noise is the product
of mechanical vibration.

I am not saying that none of the other OMs do not employ some of these
features, just that I am unaware of it and do recall in particular John
making mention of the single digits having them.

Giles