Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Binoculars.... How good are they?1
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:03:05 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:49:58 PST you write:
>Lee, you got my curiosity going here.  At 10-12 power and 24-30 mm objective
>diameter, the exit pupil is well below the 7mm recommended for astro

Sorry I didn't mention the application.  These will be all-around (read:
90 0aylight use) binocs.  I have plenty of astronmical instruments
available when I want to look at the stars :).  What I want is something
small and very portable that I can easily carry with me, but which will
have moderately good optics.

Cheers,
--Lee