Re[2]: [OM] What to buy

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] What to buy
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:45:47 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:55:53 +0200, Matthias Wilke
<Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> jammed all night, and by sunrise was
overheard remarking:

> > In particular the OM-PC seems to be a nice camera (the only
> >"consumer" camera by Olympus with TTL flash).

> The OM-88 (in the USA) or OM-101 (in Europe) has TTL flash, too,

I forgot about the AF/PF cameras; the OM-77af has it too. In fact, it
was the first one to offer the four contact flash, like the OM-4Ti,
which does the sync-at-any-speed thing.

> but no
> viewfinder information with the original Zuiko lenses, only with the few
> Olympus AF lenses.

Yup. The AF lenses couple the information in electronically, and these
cameras, being ultra-consumer models, don't offer redundant mechanical
couplings to work well with the MF lenses.

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One