Re: [OM] Exp. comp. indicator question

Subject: Re: [OM] Exp. comp. indicator question
From: GMA <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:16:32 -0800
Hello Dog Breath;

First, the time on your post is screwed up.  Is this the first
indication of the dreaded Y2K bug? (Or is that OM2K bug?)

To your question: It sounds to me like the electrical contacts under the
switch are at fault.  Is there any position where there's no exp comp?
Try looking thru the viewfinder as you rotate the exp comp knob. Do the
exposure bars move accordingly? Move it all the way both ways and see if
the exposure indicates + then - 2 stops compensation.  If any of this
doesn't work, you may want to send it in, OR try fixing yourself - not
for the sqeamish.  If all the above works, maybe your +/- indicator is
the only thing not working and you can perhaps live with it?  I'm pretty
sure batteries are not the problem.

Good luck

George