RE: [OM] Camera store visit

Subject: RE: [OM] Camera store visit
From: "Rex Jackson" <rexjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:26:05 -0500
http://www.mindspring.com/~rexjackson/

I had a chance to use a 600L last spring as part of the coverage of Van
Halen's tour of New Zealand and Australia for their official web page. I've
gotta say that I didn't really care for it. There was a noticeable delay
between the time my finger depressed the "shutter" and the actual
"exposure". It might have been ok with The Grateful Dead, but with Edward
Van Halen running around and jumping up and down it was like rolling dice.
Also, it doesn't really hold many shots in high-res mode. I know things are
changing fast, but for right now (especially with consumer-level goods) a
scanned photo looks a lot better than what the 600L was able to deliver. The
photos I used it to take always ended up looking like a video capture to me.

-Rob