Re: [OM] Want to buy... PX-625's ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Want to buy... PX-625's ?
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 06:56:15 EST
In a message dated 12/26/98 12:06:48 AM Central Standard Time,
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< nteresting.  This is directly contrary to what Varta Europa told me when I
e-mailed them for advice concerning proper storage.  (I might even have the
original message they sent me...).  I'm not sure what to believe, though I
hope you're right -- after all, an extended shooting session in Edmonton's
winters can easily freeze the batteries in an OM-1n... >>

     A number of years ago in one of the photo mags there was a story on the
subject of refrigerating batteries to extend battery life. Duracell had done
some extensive testing and the results were that it made no significant
difference whether they were stored at room temp. or refrigerated. Whichever
photo mag did the story agreed.
     I was a little sceptical but, my experience over the years tends to bear
that out. Most modern cells will last several years without any kind of
refrigeration.

Jim