[OM] Idea for cold weather

Subject: [OM] Idea for cold weather
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:34:34 +0000
It was mentioned that lithium batteries - the non rechargeable kind -
are not as badly affected as silver oxides by sub-zero temperatures.

There is a 3v lithium battery available which is exactly the size of
two Sr44's stacked.  I forget the exact designation of this battery
but used to use them in a Nikon FG I once owned.

Could this battery be the answer to shooting in cold weather?  If it
shares other lithiums sub-zero performance it would be a much more
elegant solution than making up an external power pack with
regulator.

Giles