Re: [OM] Idea for cold weather

Subject: Re: [OM] Idea for cold weather
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 17:41:16 EST

<< There is a 3v lithium battery available which is exactly the size of
 two Sr44's stacked.  I forget the exact designation of this battery
 but used to use them in a Nikon FG I once owned.

 Could this battery be the answer to shooting in cold weather?  If it
 shares other lithiums sub-zero performance it would be a much more
 elegant solution than making up an external power pack with
 regulator. >>

My mileage is the same as Garth's.  You might think that lithiums would be
better than silver oxide but SR44s and 357s are better for high current over a
short period of time even though their total amperage capacity may be lower
than the large lithium. Thus OM2s and 4s lock up more quickly with these
cells.  In my use they only last a few months.  A larger 3v lithium might be
acceptable for an external cold weather battery however.

Warren Kato