Re: [OM] Canada to USA shipping tips

Subject: Re: [OM] Canada to USA shipping tips
From: Rob Roy <royrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:40:18 -0500
You must have used a carrier like UPS (Ooops!).  They often charge a
brokerage fee for carrying items through Customs in either direction.  If
you feel it is too exorbitant, you can refuse it and have it sent back at
no brokerage charge to anyone.  THEN, it can be sent the easy way by USPS
or Canada Post.  The latter's handling fee (rarely) is $5.  A recent
purchase ($50) sent UPS against our wishes was charged an extra $33!!!  I
refused it and had it returned and sent USPS.  After hundreds of
transactions, I wouldn't touch UPS, Fedex, etc. for cross-border items.

Rob Roy