Re: [OM] EV Ranges

Subject: Re: [OM] EV Ranges
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 22:44:47 +1100
Matthias Wilke wrote:

> > [FE]You can't have more than +1 stop compensation with ISO 25,
> >but you can have +2 with anything faster; this appears
> >to be a mechanical limitation of the speed dial. (I don't
> >know whether the 4Ti also has this problem. It shouldn't at
> >that price.)
>
> The same applies tho the 4 Ti, because the compensation function is only a
> nicely wrapped opportunity to change the ISO setting.

At least, though, the speed goes down to ISO 6 on the 4Ti. So you
can have +2 compensation with Kodachrome 25. In practice, because
of the colour shift long landscape shots at night would be better
taken with Fuji Velvia (ISO 50), which the OM2N can compensate
by +2. Someone who wants to carry only one body (+ CC filters)
and use Kodachrome 25 should carry an OM4(Ti) if they intend to
do long night shots.

Even OM4Ti users will get bitten by this if they try to use
ISO 6 slide duplicating film. When duping slides with TTL flash,
one definitely needs exposure compensation to be working.