Re: [OM] Is the OM system dead?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the OM system dead?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:09:09 -0800
<<The amateur market is still much bigger than the professional
market; Nikon sells many more N50's than F5's, and more junky E
lenses than pro glass. It is also a fact that many amateurs, like
me, are not buying new equipment at all. Any manufacturer who
catered to them would have to sell something not currently
on the market. In other words, I think there is a niche for
something like the OM system, at a reasonable price.>>

First you would have to change the mind set of consumers away from AF.
Then you would have to figure out how to make OM's at a reasonable price.

I think that a pro should know what he/she ( no reference to Transylvania)
wants/needs.
The OM is perfect for some pro's and advanced photographers.
The price is also right as compared to the Nikon and Canon flagships.
The support is not there for the pros and that is in many cases going to be
the
deciding factor.  (art photogs excluded).

Just rambling!
Charlie

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx