Re: [OM] cold OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] cold OMs
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:36:14 +0100
james olson wrote:

> and i have decided that OM-4's are tropical/ california cameras.  i
> tried using the self timer as a mirror-lock up recently in the cold, and
> it just doesn't work.  about 5 minutes of use, then the battery gets too
> cold...  either a cold weather pack, or using the om-4 as a meter, and a
> OM-1 as the picture taker seems the best resolution....beep beep beep,
> is about all the sophisticated system does.  but the OM-1 works like a
> charm......  hmmmmmm....

Guess that´s a battery problem, not an OM problem. Batteries wont work in
the cold. Bad for every battery dependend camera.

How about not leting the camera cool down? Someone has sugested to me to
use little hand warming ovens attached to the camera.
I would try to put the camera under my jacket.
Beside of the batteries, don´t you had problems with the film, iced
okulars or with freezing the skin to metal?

Regards

Richard