[OM] Zuiko 75-150mm

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 75-150mm
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:10:02 +0200
Hi all,

on this Monday, I visited the little historic town Quedlinburg (320 km from
Dortmund) and I took one slide film with an old Zuiko 75-150mm. In my
opinion, this lens is a phenomen. Why? It is an very old version with
chromium ring. It contains 15 elements, which are only single coated. And
my specimen even has in at least one group (clear) streaks. One would
expect flary results from such a lens, but the opposite is the case, the
definition is very good, the colours are vivacious and the contrast is
good. The sharpness is almost comparable to prime lenses even at full
aperture. How is this possible?

Matthias