Re: [OM] Re: s/n on Zuiko 90/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: s/n on Zuiko 90/2
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:36:54 +0200
>There would be few if any numbers below 100,000 most likely.  OM-4
>production started at 1,000,000, though I found 1 body (by going through
>a container from Olympus Tokyo) with 0951956.
>I found a low number on a 2N of 520XXX but then found a regular 2 with
>550XXX.
>
>John

These six-digit figures are typical for older lenses or for very
specialized lenses like the 90mm 1:2, the 100mm 1:2 and so on. Very popular
lenses and bodies have seven-digit figures like the 50mm 1:1,8 and 1:1,4
and so on (except for very early specimen). BTW, John, is it possible for
you to repair an old Olympus FTL with defect "clockwork". Here in Germany,
nobody can repair them. You can answer offline to me concernig this
question.
Regards,
Matthias Wilke