Re: [OM] Zuikoholism - again.... (and other stuff, too!!!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikoholism - again.... (and other stuff, too!!!)
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 08:29:31 +0100
>The good news, though, is that I have been bitten. Again. My photography
>has been cool for quite some time, I have been stressed out with two jobs+
>and have felt bogged down in this town. No photo opportunities - I know,
>it`s a lie, the only opportunities are the ones I create myself but I`ve
>been down and depressed and my poor OM's have been on the shelf for ages.

Siri, you live in the frozen North, so it is no wonder that you have felt
down.  Seasonal Affective Disorder is it not?  We have felt pretty
miserable in Germany with the poor Summer and particularly wet Autumn!

>As I`m chief of security at a medium-sized club, and also the only
>"resident photographer" I have had numerous requests for taking pics for
>the club, and I`ve dragged my OM-4 down there a few times just to get
>_them_ off my back. The 4 has responded as I expected it to, ie boring pics
>with no printable images which of course has got me even more depressed. I
>really hate having a camera that senses my mood swings sometimes.

There again, the excitement of such a job might have kept you interested! ;-)

I am not surprised that a photographer in the land of the midday darkness
would feel less than enthusiastic about his hobby.  But, as you say, you
make your own opportunities... I only wish sometimes that someone had
taught me how ;-)

Remember as well that you would have even fewer opportunities for
photography if you had a wonderbrick with a f10.5 to 22 max aperture zoom
and that that is what the OM system is still good at - low light photos.

Glad you are feeling more enthusiastic with the world - we're here to
listen :>)