Re: [OM] Intro + Questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] Intro + Questions....
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 04:28:46 +0200
Hi,

as I pointed out in one of my recent messages, I have a high opinion about
the Zuiko 50mm 1:1,8 lens. But now I am wondering about the meaning, that
the 50mm 1:1,4 lens has a lower correction. In my experience, the both
lenses are in spite of the fact, that the latter is almost twice as fast as
the first, optical equivalent. So the correction of the brighter lens can't
be lower. I believe that both standard lens versions are state of the art,
even my very old chromium ring 1:1,4 lens. Try to look at the picture plane
with a workshop microscope and you will believe it.

Matthias (Wilke)