Re: [OM] Intro + Questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] Intro + Questions....
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 13:52:04 -0800
The "lower correction" is my lack of proper optical vocabulary.  The comment
is a generalization based on the lens tests as cited at
http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/zuiko50.txt.  In particular,
both 1:1,4 lenses show "mild barrel distortion" in the tester's comments.
Neither 1:1,8 lens has that comment.  The tester remarks "very low
distortion" for those versions.  The 1:1,4 probably has *more* correction,
but also has greater barrel distortion.  The 1:1,8 generally shows slightly
better, or equal, resolution at a given f/ratio.

I agree both lenses are state of the art.  I'll never part with my old SC
1:1,4, even though there is an f/2 macro right beside it.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"