Re: [OM] TTL function OM 3 and OM4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL function OM 3 and OM4Ti
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:12:36 EST
In a message dated 1/4/99 12:01:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
flce20k1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm thinking to buy an OM 3 and a OM4t
 I'd like to know from users if these cameras are really good
 Another thing, as I'd like to start Macrophotography I bought an Autobellows
 Now I'd like to know if it is possible to use the TTL function of these
 cameras
 also with a non-olympus Flash like METZ or something else

 Thanks in advance

 Luca Felici >>

Luca,

The OM-3 does not have TTL capability. The OM-3Ti does, however. There are
some 3rd party flashes out there which will provide TTL capability, although I
am not sure exactly which models. I'm sure someone else on the list can
provide the details (maybe a list of compatible flashes would be a useful
addition to the FAQ?).

As for your question, " I'd like to know from users if these cameras are
really good" I think you will get a unanimous "Yes" from this group on both
the OM-3(Ti) and OM-4T(i). Unless you want us to take price into account, that
is.... Once you've used multispot there is no going back (at least for me).

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI