Re: [OM] OT: Lordly Companies and mass-ware

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Lordly Companies and mass-ware
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 21:18:40 -0600
On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 05:33:37PM -0800, Jan Steinman wrote:
> All I'll say on the topic is that the Mac should appeal to the same sort of
> person Olympus appeals to -- someone who isn't afraid to buck the crowd,
> regardless of the reason.

True, as far as it goes...To be fair, though, you should also note that the
Mac tends to lag behind the Wintel world in a lot of ways...

> This is not meant as a put-down to Wintel users on the list, but those who
> prefer "safe" choices compute on Wintel and shoot Nikon or Canon.

Well, you should also note that folks who make their living with their
computers tend to pick Wintel for many of the same reasons...

To stretch this incredibly pointless analogy even further, what would you
compare a Unix geek to in the photo world? Hasselblad? M645? Speed Graphic?
How about someone like me (see http://www.c-com.net/~jmaynard/homebox.html
for the list of computers I run), with one of everything?