Re: [OM] OT: German lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: German lenses
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 04:19:25 +0200
Hello all,

concerning this topic, I can only speak about one (West) German lens (I
also own some Eastern Carl-Zeiss-Jena lenses), the Schneider-Kreuznach
Xenotar MF 80 mm 1:2,8 standard lens for Pentacon six mount. I think this
is perhaps the best standard lens I have ever used, because of its contrast
and brilliance, colours and sharpness even wide open, but maybe here the
German idiom came into effect: "Der Wunsch ist der Vater des Gedanken" ?
Toshihiko Oka, a Japanese user of this lens, says the following on his
homepage at:
http://www.page.sannet.ne.jp/tsoka/pentacon_e.html
"A standard lens belonging to the EXAKTA 66.
This lens may be an improved type of Biometar.
It seems the over-correction of Biometar is
changed to perfect correction.
So the dual lined blurred phase cannot be seen at the
aperture wide open.
But on the other side, Biometar's sweetness and
softness is lost.
This' picture is plane taste.
So I use this for portrait not so much.
For the nature it is very good.
The resolution and contrast is very good.
And the color balance is good by multi coating."

Matthias