[OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook (was: Miscellaneous For Sale)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook (was: Miscellaneous For Sale)
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 11:07:52 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:57:31 EST, PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Clyde:
>
>> Just curious since I have the '84, which two were added?
>
>The 1985 version has two additional lenses, incl. the 180mm f/2 and, I think,
>the 90mm f/2 Macro.  Frank can verify this for us.  BTW, those lens were just
>added to existing pages - there were no new pages in the 1985 edition.
>
>Oh, and thanks for the interest folks.  This book has been sold.  But I'll be
>watching for more  :-)
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Quoting from memory (my own, unfortunately) I think the 180/2 and the
50/2 macro were the two lenses added. The 50/2 shares a page with the
50/3.5, and the 180/2 probably is on the same page as the 180/2.8. I
will look into it deeper when at home, tonight.

I am sure the 90/2, the 50-250 zoom and the 35-80 zoom are not in one
of these books. A few of the very early OM-lenses were omitted too,
like the 55/1.2 which had been succeeded by the 50/1.2 before 1984. I
think the 28/3.5 is missing as well. So the book is not exhaustive for
all OM-lenses ever made...

AFAIK only two editions of the book have been released, early 1984 and
mid or late 1985. They were given away for free by Olympus.....

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.