Re: [OM] OM-2S/P - the forgotten OM camera? (was: Four new pictures)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S/P - the forgotten OM camera? (was: Four new pictures)
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 10:47:05 -0500
The flash ready light fix is the ONLY update that can be done at this
point, because Olympus ran out of 2S circuits approx. 2 years ago.  Even
if you COULD get the main circuit,  the total repair would cost over
$200 (the part alone was $135).
Whoever would do a circuit replacement without doing the flash ready
light too must not have read up on his service bulletins.
When a circuit "replacement" is being done by an independent shop,
always ask for the old circuit.  It's yours to keep anyway, and it is
atleast some minor proof that they actually did the job you paid for.
Be wary if you're buying a used piece and the bargaining chip is "we'll
put a new circuit in it for you before you pick it up..."

John