Re: [OM] Memories and thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Memories and thoughts
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:21:48 -0800
<<On the other hand, if *I* use a "modern" camera *I* have to think... And when
finally find out how to switch to manual to be able to control the camera I
realize I have never been asked what I would like to have nor have I ever seen a
questionnaire.>>

I don't think that they (the manufacturers) actually ask what the consumer
wants, they just cram in as much as possible without knocking out their sales
of the next step up
in  the line.  Like Minolta 400si and 600si etc.  It is mostly marketing.
Like I said once before, I have a MAXXUM and I almost always use it on Aperture
priority or manual. ( just like my OM's)
The first thing anyone should do when considering a new Auto Everything camera
is learn to set it on manual and SP.  Leave the fancy stuff for when you have
time to play with it.  Just because program is there does not mean you must use
it.

Charlie

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx