Re: [OM] Battery drain

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery drain
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:36:40 EST
In a message dated 1/5/99 3:26:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, mjochs@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< I am reading a lot lately about exessive battery drain in certain OM
 models (esp. the OM-4).
 I didn't buy one yet so I am interested: Just how bad is that problem
 ???>>

The original OM-4 (not the OM-4T or OM-4Ti) can suffer from a circuit failure
which results in serious battery drain problems. The circuit from the OM-4T(i)
can be fitted, but I think the consensus is it is not an economical repair.
FWIW, I have an OM-4 that I bought used about 10 years ago, and it's going
strong.

The OM-2S has a reputation as a battery hog as well. One of the problems is
that as originally manufactured the flash ready LED in the finder is powered
by the camera batteries. A fix is available which changes this so the LED is