[OM] End of the OM-2 line

Subject: [OM] End of the OM-2 line
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:28:45 +0200
Hello,

in a recent message concerning the OM-2SP someone wondered why this camera
was built only for such a short time. In my opinion the answer is the
following:
It was Olympus way to say good bye to try to sell the OM system. Why ?
In those days, the OM-4 had no titanium parts and the inner structure of
the OM-2SP was more like the OM-4 than the OM-2(n). So the cost of
construction of the OM-4 and the OM-2SP was very similar. When the number
of sold pieces began to shrink, Olympus decided to sell the much more
expensive OM-4, only. They maybe thought of the business rule : "In times
with the greatest difficulties, the middle course leads to the death."
Concerning the OM system, I hate this sentence.

Matthias