Re: [OM] OM4T battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T battery problem
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 22:05:00 +0100
Matthias Wilke wrote:

> Who is the manufacturer of this miraculous 357 silver oxide batteries. Are
> they available in Europe, especially Germany ? Is there a difference to
> other silver oxide batteries of this size and voltage ?
> Zink-air batteries are a replacement for mercury cells, aren't they ?
>
> Matthias

The spare set I carry were made by Duracell. I think other brands
have equivalents available. I buy my 357s here in Denmark, so I expect
they will also be available in Germany.

There are several variants of the silver oxide cells with different
discharge characteristics. We have covered this before, so there
must be something in the archive.

AFAIK, zinc-air batteries will work as replacement for mercury cells,
but self discharge is high, so they do not last very long.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"