Re: [OM] OM Millenium Plans

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Millenium Plans
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:15:42 +0100
WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:

> My New Year's resolution this year was to plan something involving OM cameras
> and doing something special for the turn of the century.
>
> 1. The first idea was to shoot the rising sun from the top of Mount Fuji.  I
> guess I would take my OM3 and OM1, 21/3.5, 28/2.8 and 50/1.8 lens, and neutral
> density gradient filters.  The chance of clear weather will probably be 1%
> though.
>
> 2. Another idea would be to take the first sunrise of the millenium.  The
> international date line runs just west of Hawaii but jogs to the east near
> Tonga, which would appear to be the first spot in the world to see a sunrise
> on 1/1/2000.  This time I would take my wife, flowered shirts, an OM4T,
> 21/3.5, 28/2.8 35-70/3.6 zoom, and 100/2 lens and neutral density gradient
> filters.
>
> 3.  Antartica is out because the 180th longitude is in the middle of the Ross
> Ice Shelf.
>
> 4. In California I could hike Mt. San Jacinto (10,800 feet), which provides a
> good view to the east and across Joshua Tree National Monument. I would take
> hiking buddies, warm clothes, OM3, OM1, and 21/3.5, 28/2.8 and 50/1.8 lens,
> and neutral density gradient filters.  I hiked this mountain on a summer's
> full moon one night starting at 6 PM and arrived at the top around 2 am.
>
> 5. Fly to Times Square and take pictures of drunk and delirious people.  A
> Stylus zoom 80 and an 18mm or 16m fisheye with high speed film might work well
> here.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Warren Kato
> wkato@xxxxxxx

Why just do one? Several locations and situations could be made
by chartering a fast supersonic jet and going in the right direction.
Follow the sunrise, for instance. Or experience (and photograph)
the first moment of the new millennium (be that year 2000 or 2001)
in a selection of major cities. There ought to be loads of fireworks
and peoples scenes. Mountain locations are out, I'm afraid.

Any very wealthy sponsors with access to a SR71 Blackbird out there?

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"