Re: [OM] OM Millenium Plans

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Millenium Plans
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Jan 1999 08:58:23 +1000
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> The first sunrise of the new millenia is on 1/1/2001... but if I were you I'd
> make the trip next year anyway. I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind, and you can
> scope out good sites to get that shot...

Auugh!  NO!!!  Not another millenium flamewar.  Please?

Surpisingly, the first sunrise of each new day (including the first of 2001,
of course) is *not* at the "eastmost" point of land.  Some New
Zealandar has calculated that an island in their territory has a peak
sufficiently high that it will see sunrise before other islands
further east.

Personally, I'll probably be spending the first day of the last year
of the 20th century (1/1/2000) trying to convince the starving and
furious lynch mob, that no, I'm not a computer programmer, I'm a
humble plumber.  Honest.  Please put down that rope.  Pretty please? :-)

cjb.

p.s. Santa brought me an OM-2N.  Wheee!
p.p.s. Santa by way of the "Doris Method" that is.  Also a 135/3.5, some
  closeup filters, a dev tank, hard camera case, and other gadgetry...

--
| Christopher Biggs email:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Linux: The choice of a GNU  |
| Stallion Technologies, Queensland, Australia |        Generation.          |