Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook (was: Miscellaneous For Sale)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook (was: Miscellaneous For Sale)
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:37:59
At 21:24 05/01/99 GMT, you wrote:
>On Tue, 05 Jan 1999 11:07:52 GMT, Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>AFAIK only two editions of the book have been released, early 1984 and
>>mid or late 1985. They were given away for free by Olympus.....

They were?  I bought mine in a photo shop, and there was no indication that
it was anything other than a new book.  I forget how long ago this was.
It's the 1984 edition, without the 50/2 etc.

The foreword says that it is the first of "a series of handbooks
introducing every aspect of the OM system".  It's the only one I've ever
seen - were any others ever released?  I think I know the answer....  A
shame though because it's a very well produced book - I find myself
referring to it quite frequently.

Richard