Re: [OM] Flatbed Scanner and Photoshop LE

Subject: Re: [OM] Flatbed Scanner and Photoshop LE
From: Paul Laughlin <plaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 15:58:59 -0800

Clyde Soles wrote:

> Any scanner you buy these days comes bundled with a limited version of
> Photoshop 4 that should fit your machine.

While there are a few scanners that come bundled with Photoshop LE, you
will pay extra for it.  It also does not qualify to upgrade to full
Photoshop. In other words, you cannot buy the full Photoshop upgrade and
use Photoshop LE for the authorization to install it. Photoshop LE will
probably do most of the things that the average person wants to do.  I
purchased a Microtek Scanmaker X6el with full Photoshop 4.0, which
included a free upgrade to Photoshop 5.0, which I received yesterday.
This scanner sold for $179.95 with Photodeluxe, $275 with Photoshop LE,
and $400 with the full Photoshop 4.0.  This was a limited quantity offer
and, I'm sure, since sold out.  That is the only time that I have seen
the full Photoshop offered with a scanner, and I almost missed it,
myself.  I did post to rec.photo.digital that it was available.
Paul in Portland OR