RE: [OM] OM-2SP - the forgotten OM camera?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-2SP - the forgotten OM camera?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:54:06 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 6 januari 1999 09:19
Ämne: Re: [OM] OM-2SP - the forgotten OM camera?

I myself wrote:
>>I know, it is not without drawbacks, but then again which camera is?

>Exactly my sentiment.  In the past, I explained that if an OM-2n is
>99% relaiable, and the OM-2S is only 97% reliable, then John H. sees
>trice as many OM-2S's coming in for repairs.  From John's POV, the 2S
>is a far less reliable OM body.  However, a potential buyer ought to
>consider whether a 97% reliability is something he/she can live with.
>I know I can.
>
>(Of course, the above reliability numbers are ficticious, and are
>used for illustration purposes only).

Hi Gary

Just wondered, what would be your ficticious reliability number for
the OM-PC?  :-)

BTW, I like the OM-PC/40 very much as well just like you. Compared
with the shutter sound of a crude OM-10 the OM-PC sound is almost in
the same class as the sound of the OM-2S/P (well, nearly any way). I´m
still waiting for my friend to sell her OM-40 to me, but so far she
has refused to. Is there a better way to make her sell it? Bribes?
Threats? Physical force?    ;-)

>>I just happen to like it very much. A beautiful body with the most
>>delicate (sexy ;-)) shutter sound I´ve ever heard ...
>
>Oooh, you perv!  Well, just make sure it doesn't end on someone's
>blue dress, or at least make sure that it gets to the laundry ;-)

You know I just use my OM-2SP sometimes to get in the right mood. Very
useful actually...   ;-)

>>There was a discussion once in this list about the virtues of this
>>camera, and in the first postings there was only negative remarks
>>(most probably rightly so) from people with bad experiences. After
>>a while someone (a brave someone) posted a positive judgement,
>
>Hey, this "brave someone" was ... moi !!! :-)

Well, I might have figured that...      :-)

Cheers,
Per (one of the brave one's as well) Nordenberg