Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:57:16 +0100
(If this message is received twice - sorry - got a weird error message from
my provider)

Frank van Lindert wrote:

:You are right, Hans. All 35-70's but the new plastic one to match the
:OM-2000 are there. On what page of your copy is the 90/2?

Oops, it isn't there. I *do* have a data sheet of this lens, but only as a
part of a Sales Information File donated to me by Photo Professional
Amsterdam. That copy came from the OM-1n/OM-2n/OM-10 period (1979 or
thereabouts) but has some additions from the late 80's: the 50-250, 90/2,
the AF/PF lenses, the F280 and T18 flashes, and the OM-4Ti, OM-707 and 101
bodies.
My copy of The Handbook is dated October 1985.

I rambled w/o being too serious:
>Hmm. When is version III of The Handbook expected?

And Frank continued:
:When you edit and produce it yourself. Maybe you (or we) could do a
:digital update, by scanning the 'old' book (provided Olympus permits
:us to) and inserting the 'missing' lenses....

I'm working on a new (and my first :-) website with the ambition to create a
digital version of a Sales Information File (SIF), with all scanned images
and technical data I can lay my hands on, of each and every single item in
the Olympus System in all groups, of course using my own SIF and The
Handbook (I do have a flatbed scanner). I've only just started, so it isn't
much yet. The preliminary version is already published for testing purposes
at  http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/

The reason I bring it up at this stage is a question I have to all owners of
Olympus related sites: are there any thought about creating an Olympus Web
Ring, and are there people with experience how to create (and maintain) a
Web Ring?

Hans