Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 14:52:27 -0700
At 08:57 PM 1/6/99 +0100, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

[snip]

>I'm working on a new (and my first :-) website with the ambition to create a
>digital version of a Sales Information File (SIF), with all scanned images
>and technical data I can lay my hands on, of each and every single item in
>the Olympus System in all groups, of course using my own SIF and The
>Handbook (I do have a flatbed scanner). I've only just started, so it isn't
>much yet. The preliminary version is already published for testing purposes
>at  http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/
>
>The reason I bring it up at this stage is a question I have to all owners of
>Olympus related sites: are there any thought about creating an Olympus Web
>Ring, and are there people with experience how to create (and maintain) a
>Web Ring?

A Web Ring would be a groovy thing, IMNSHO.  As for "maintaining" it, I was
always under the impression that maintenance of a Web Ring was a distributed
responsibility -- each Website "owner" has to make sure that the previous and
next hyperlink in the Ring is working properly from their site.  Ring additions
probably have to be negotiated somehow, i.e., where do you "insert" the new
site?

I'll go checking for some utilities that might make this easier.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/