Re: [OM] Battery drain

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery drain
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 22:08:30 +0000
Too much is made of this problem IMO.  Some 2Sps and 4s develop this
problem, but not all of them.  The requisite battery - 357 - is very
cheap compared with say the lithium battery in a Nikon F601.  For the
price of just one of these you could buy quite a few 357s.  The
simple work around is when you have finished shooting, unscrew the
battery cover, reverse one of the batteries and replace the cover.
No more battery drain between outings.

The 4Ti is apparently imune to developing this problem so perhaps
that is the model to aim for.

I do not think this possible problem should deter you from the
delights of the OM system.

Giles